Congratulations–you have reached my official website! Make your self comfortable and enjoy the music right there in the sidebar–I’m singing rock and roll and soul all over NYC with Empire Beats. The band is funky and tight, we play classics and originals, and are available for gay weddings, rooftop parties, bar-be-ques, and straight divorces. Check out the Tour Dates button up top for more on our upcoming gigs at Rockwood Music Hall, Trash Bar, and Lakeside Lounge. If you enjoy the tunes, please take a moment to click the widgets to the right and like us on Facebook and Reverb Nation.
2011 was an amazing year for me musically.
- I spent the first half of the year singing lead for The Solid Set, playing esoteric soul tunes from times past at Huckleberry Bar, Lakeside Lounge, R-Bar, the Bushwick Open Studio Music Festival, and soul events Let’s Boogaloo, Real Gone, and Dig Deeper at Southpaw in Park Slope. Dig Deeper was declared Best Soul Party by TimeOutNY, and we had the honor of playing there a number of times in 2011, backing soul legends like Lenis Guess and Young Jessie, and opening for Lou Pride at the Dig Deeper 3rd Anniversary party in June. I will continue to try to put into words everything I learned working with these unsung heroes of soul. Please support them by attending Dig Deeper. http://www.facebook.com/digdeepernyc
- The single “Good to the Last Drop” was released in October. I sing a very sexy back up–click and see for yourself. http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6971473
- I also sing back-up vocals for Anna Banana, the children’s punk band, recently performing at Mamapalooza in Riverside Park, the Brooklyn Public Library, and Union Square Summer in the Square. Entertaining children is wonderful in a whole other way.
- In November 2011, Mark Boquist and I formed Empire Beats, and we’ve been playing rock and roll and soul at venues like Arlene’s Grocery and Lakeside Lounge on a regular basis ever since. http://www.empirebeatsnyc.com
- 2011 ended with a bang–in December I had the thrill of playing Loser’s Lounge at Joe’s Pub. It was a tribute to Diana Ross and the Supremes, and I got to sing “I’m Coming Out.” I can’t wait to see what 2012 will bring! Please stay tuned!